Product Review: L'oreal ELVIVE Shampoo & Conditioners

* hair with flash*

* hair without flash*


Modesty aside, I'm blessed with naturally beautiful hair. Given that, I'm guilty of taking it for granted, thinking "it already looks good."

I dye A LOT, I don't go for regular trimming nor treatment, I brush it while wet, and I literally use any shampoo available. So far, my crowning glory had put up a good fight, and still looks fine amidst my abuse. But yeah, I must admit it lacks shine already, must be a sign of aging. LOL. =p

So lately, I decided to be more meticulous wit my choice of shampoos, especially CONDITIONERS. I recently tried the L'oreal ELVIVE hair care line, though the price is a far cry from the local brands we have, my hair convinced me she deserves it!



ELVIVE Nutri-Gloss Shampoo & Conditioner

The Promise: mirror shine, cashmere touch.
Dull hair? Bring back the power of shine to your hair. With an innovative formula, the L'Oréal Paris laboratories have developed Nutri-Gloss with Pearl Protein™.

Likes: It DOES live up to its promise of softening my hair, even on the first wash! I'm not expecting miracles with the "mirror shine" tagline, but I did notice my hair became shinier, but the strongest point of this product is THE CASHMERE SOFTNESS it provides =) Your man would surely love to touch your hair for hours =)

Dislikes: I can't think of anything too bad about it, other than it doesn't form too much bubbles, and a bit pricey too. (Around 300 for the shampoo, and 200 for the conditioner in medium bottles)

Overall Verdict: 9/10



ELVIVE Anti-Dandruff 2 in 1 Shampoo and Conditioner

The Promise: Elvive Anti- Dandruff 2 in 1, our 1st anti-dandruff shampoo inspired by skincare research to care for the scalp! Dandruff occurs when the skin on the scalp loses its balance.To effectively combat dandruff, you need to act on visible flakes whilst caring for the scalp, helping to restore a natural balance.

Likes: Economical, Shampoo & Conditioner in one

Dislikes: This is my least favorite of the three, though it did lessen the flakes & itch brought about by my sebhorreic dermatitis of the scalp, the effect wasn't outstanding. It also lacks bubbles, and is not soft to hair at all =( Again, pricey than local brands.

Overall Verdict: 6/10


ELVIVE Anti-Frizz, Smooth Intense Shampoo and Conditioner

The Promise: The L’Oréal Laboratories have created an expert solution for frizzy, rebellious hair: Elvive Smooth-Intense with Nutrileum ® deliversan intensive action to the surface of the hair;hard to handle hair is instantly tamed and smoothed

Likes: It manages hair on humid days! (in the Phils, its always humid=p), it does smoothened my hair and is easier to manage, even during hot, humid, commute days =) Softness is relatively good, and scent is so nice too =) LASTLY, my love EVA LONGORIA is their model! *wink*

Dislikes: Though scent is nice, it doesn't stay all day, and considering my hair isn't that rebellious, I just think this variant is not the perfect one for my need =)
Overall Verdict: 7.5 out of 10

I have yet to try the remaining variants which are: ELVIVE Re-Nutrition (for damaged hair) and the ELVIVE Nourish & Shimmer (for colored hair), both sounds promising =)

Remember, getting good hair is a combination of:

1. Good genes
2. Good nutrition
3. Good hair products
4. Good treatments
5. Proper care

And though I'm open to use commercial ones like L'oreal ELVIVE, I'm still in search for the perfect ORGANIC Shampoo+Conditioner. (I use Ilog Maria Organic Honey & Propolis Shampoo once a week.)

How about you? any fave hair care products you want to share? =)

Stay safe dearies, especially with the stormy weather.

Much Love,
The NeuroChiq














Comments

  1. Your hair does look shiny and soft.
    Great shampoo reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Amanda: Thanks sissie, do share any fave shampoo brand of yours eh? =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi sis. im currently using citre shine prism shampoo. It says its for colored hair, but I'm not pretty satisfied. pantene even beats it!

    I'll try this one , hope it will work on me! very informative review btw!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ pixelgraffiti: Yup, for local brands, I vouch for Pantene Total Care =]

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think. Fire away!