Tall & Happy Regardless


I'm very careful at discussing religion in my blog, since I respect that fact that I have readers from different sectors and beliefs, but my daily email verse, I think, is very timely and encompassing to all walks of faith.

"It's not our circumstances that steal our joy; it's our attitude during our circumstances."

I'm optimistic most of the time, and my family can vouch how good I am in handling difficult situations, that in fact, I seem to work excellently under enormous pressure. Yes, I get sick when I'm too relaxed, my body is more productive when subjected to significant amount of stress. But I'm human, and so I'm also guilty of being a cry baby and whiny at times, being ungrateful and not content with what I have [regardless if I need or just want it], though I usually ditch this b*tch in a matter of hours or overnight at most.

But when you're stripped of your worldly possessions and securities, you'll look back and realize that you indeed had a lot, A LOT, and it's only you who didn't seem to see or appreciate it. So it's not really a matter of how much you have or not have, but how you see things, and what's your attitude towards it. I'm a hypocrite if I say I go for the simpler, less luxurious life, but I want to hone my attitude to be happy and content with whatever situation I am without affecting my goals and tactics on how to get them.

It's a tough task, but really, any situation is ambiguous, it can be best for you and worse for others or vice-versa. That's also why we should NEVER compare our lives with others. No matter how good or bad a situation is, it's still going to change, so to spare myself from pain and more whining, I'm training myself to be like a bamboo, and withstand a SUNNY, or a STORMY day, and be tall and happy regardless.


I hope you find these excerpts from the literature as enlightening as I did. =)


"It is easy to think "If I could just get a new car, a bigger house, a better job, or more money, then I'll be happy." We tend to view happiness as a commodity attainable by wealth. However, as the old saying goes, "money cannot buy happiness."

Indeed, no amount of money or things will ever give you lasting joy or contentment; that's because joy and contentment are not based on circumstances. Therefore, if you're not content with what you have, you won't be content with what you want.

Although at first it may seem difficult, it is very possible to be content even during harsh circumstances.Stop thinking that you will have joy after you buy a new house, after you get married, after you buy a better car, after your in-laws treat you right. Don't put off joy until after everything goes your way; DECIDE TO HAVE JOY NOW. For you can have joy whatever the circumstances!"


Your NeuroChiq,
Dang

Comments

  1. I am declaring we are happiness personified today :) Happy Monday, to you, BFF! I miss you lots!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy everyday no matter what challenges that comes my way. Each and everytime I get sad, I think of the "lucky" moments in my life :) High five to the cheerful girls! same with you Tara dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great start for the week. And I'm sure you will do great in withstanding sunny or stormy days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great post, it's so true!

    I noticed that, like you, I sometimes get sick when the pressure is off. It seems my body relaxes and that lets a virus waltz right in. I'd rather be buzy than sick. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah, I agree about not comparing lives with others and just be happy with what you have. like you said when you compare with others it will just make you more frustrated of what you have, and what you have been taking for granted.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think. Fire away!