Review: STRIP Manila's The Sweetest Thing







Do you remember this scene when the European gigolo had his boom-boom waxed? Like Deuce, I don't feel very at ease with waxing, I feel like it's torture in the name of vanity, at least that's before I got introduced to STRIP.

When Kira invited me to try the newest wax of STRIP Manila, I almost faked being sick (Haha, peace, K!). To begin with, I'm not really balbon (hairy); aside from my crown, I'm virtually hair-less. Yup, I have none on my pits and the scarce hair I have on my legs are really really fine to be even bothersome. I lived for the last 27 years without a real need for depilatories, more so waxing. Second and more importantly, my first (and last until today) waxing experience was nothing short of a bad memory. It happened a few years ago, when getting a Brazilian was yet to become popular.To cut the story short, the unfortunate, cold, sugarwax used on me was a complete fail. The repetitive pulling made my skin very sensitive, it was so painful I had to stop in the middle of the procedure and I ended up with red, irritated, bumpy skin. Obviously, that made me waxphobic, if there's even such a thing. 


I attended the launch of the newest wax from Strip Manila which is aptly named New York Vanilla Cupcake Wax last Thursday, where I mustered all my courage to give Brazilian a second chance. After all, the folks from Strip Manila gave a very thorough product briefing to the guests on what makes their wax different from anywhere else.The Managing Director, Ms. Tab Abad, explained how Strip takes pride in three important things: Hygiene, Speed and Quality.



Strip Manila's newest , limited time offer.
Tab Abad of Strip gave thorough product briefing to bloggers and press. They even have a Brazilian Virgin guidebook to assure you that Strip knows what they're doing down there.
The New York Vanilla Cupcake Wax smells sweet and calming. It's a soft, hot wax that promises the sweetest way to remove unwanted hair.

Aside from hygiene, speed and quality, Tab proudly informed us that the pain level when doing their Brazilian Wax is rated at only 2-4 out of 10. I didn't take  her word for it, and I was really skeptical at first. I mean, how can pain from uprooting hair be so minimal? I had to try it for myself, and so I did! :D 



I took down notes to share, of course.

  •  I vouch for Strip Manila's claims on hygiene, speed and quality. They don't take chances when it comes to bacteria spread and infection, therefore, they strictly implement NO DOUBLE DIPPING. The spatulas are disposable so you're sure that each one will touch your skin only once. The Striperellas (who are nursing graduates), also wear latex gloves, and provide personal wet packs for all clients. The private room is well-ventilated, well-lit and is fully equipped with all sanitizers and disinfectants needed. 
  •  
     
From Strip Manila Facebook Page 
  • SPEED. The whole procedure only lasted for about 15-20 minutes, a far cry from the 30-45 minutes average waxing time from other salons. 
  • QUALITY. The Striperellas have undergone professional training, some were even sent to Singapore to ensure that they are skilled and knowledgeable, and ready to take on the bushes! :P 
  • The new New York Vanilla Cupcake Wax smells divine, with a very soft and delicate texture. It feels nice against the skin, and its warmth is actually very soothing. I cannot compare it to other variants they have since this is my first time to try hot wax, but on its own, I'm quite satisfied impressed!
  • They weren't bluffing when they claimed pain is minimal. Compared to cold wax, pain is so much less and highly tolerable. I think the efficiency of their wax is actually the key. No repetitive pulling so the skin is not traumatized. For me, the soothing temperature of the wax also helped manage the discomfort even further. For a girl with almost zero pain tolerance, it's a relief to know that I can now opt to wax whenever I want to without wincing on every pull. 
  • I like Strip's candid, friendly but professional tone in dealing with their clients. Despite being in year 2012, Filipinas are still somewhat shy to talk about waxing or Brazilian or just about anything to do with their private parts. It's good to know that Strip offers a comforting, professional space that takes care of every girls' hygiene or hair woes. As Strip Manila says, nothing to be ashamed about - it's just hair!
  •  Strip Manila is no ordinary waxing salon. They offer premium products, services and overall pleasant experience, and is acknowledged internationally. Therefore, it's no surprise that Strip Manila belongs to the pricier end of the market. Full Brazilian costs Php 1,200 which is a little steep; but then again, this is a classic case of getting what you paid for. I don't mind shelling out a little more, especially that I only have to do it every 6-8 weeks.


If there's anyone who breathes sexy in my book, it's got to be Eva. So who am I not to listen?
Strip Manila partnered with Sweet Patti Cakes to make yummy Vanilla cupcakes exclusively for the launch. Nyum!
For lakas ng loob: Monique gives out Vanilla Vodka shots with Cinammon-dipped lemon
It's been ages since I last joined a bloggers event, and it felt so nice to see some familiar faces again! Thank you to the very sexy,  Martha, for the photo, and to Kira and Monique for the invitation. :)

Have you tried waxing full Brazilian? Will you dare? :) 

  

Strip Serendra
2nd Floor Serendra Bonifacio High St.
Bonifacio Global City Taguig 1634
T  632 901 0892

Strip Greenbelt 5
4th Floor Greenbelt 5 Ayala Center
Makati City 1200
T  632 501 3997

customercare@hareminc.com


 

From the Nook, 
Dang

Comments