Review: Revlon Custom Eyes Waterpoof Mascara


I've been using the Revlon Custom Eyes Mascara for almost a month now and it's high time to share what me thinks. I trust Maybelline when it comes to affordable mascaras that really work. But from time to time, it's good to road test what's out there in the market. The makeup industry is healthy that way. :) 



NOTES:
  • Revlon Custom Eyes has adjustable bristles to either lengthen and add drama or lengthen and define your lashes by simply turning the wand . It's the first of its kind that I've tried, and it appealed to the geek inside me. :)
    • Setting 1: Length and Drama 
    • Setting 1 Length and Definition
  • Neat packaging. The wand comes separately from the tube so you can see exactly how the bristles move. 
  • Waterproof version lasts for the whole day at the office, but I noticed fallout and raccoon eyes after a night event. Safe to estimate that it holds no more than 12 hours.
  • It tends to be a little clumpy if not applied and dried carefully
  • Delivered on its promise of lengthening my short, sparse lashes. See above photo. :)
  • Can easily be removed by standard eye makeup remover
  • Widely available at Revlon makeup counters
  • It comes in blackest black, blackened brown and black so more choices for everyone
  • Not too shabby at Php 750.00

I got the best results after applying two layers of the Revlon Custom Eyes mascara. I use setting 1 for the first layer (lengthens) and finish it with setting 2 (define/volumize). If your lashes start to clump, use a lash comb to separate your them for a neat finish.

TIP: Put some loose powder under your eyes so you can easily dust off any fallout, and avoid closing your eyes for a few seconds! Again, throw away your mascaras after maximum of six months to avoid nasty eye infections.

Happy rainy Thursday, loves! :)

From the Nook,
Dang


Comments

  1. I love this! Too bad it cracks lang talaga. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oo nga, the wand is so geeky, I love it. ;) Not for super tagal functions because it cracks nga, but okay for my normal office days. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think. Fire away!