Review: Revlon Colorstay Foundation


I have a love-hate relationship with liquid foundation. I love how it's still the best way to achieve a flawless, well put together look. Since I have lots of skin imperfections - acne scars, discoloration, dark spots name it - a good, well-blended liquid foundation is the closest I can get to achieve a clearer, mode even canvass for the rest of my makeup. On the other hand, I don't like using it everyday as I find it heavy for my skin and tedious to do each morning. If I had it my way, meaning, if I have a really flawless skin, I will get away with just brow pencil/powder, blush and lipstick. But a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. So I use mineral foundation or powder foundation on normal days, and reserve their liquid sisters on more special days when I need more coverage that will last long hours. 

I recently got hold of Revlon Colorstay Foundation in Fresh Beige. This product promises to feel light on skin and to last up to 24 hours. Revlon is an established drugstore brand and one of their better products is foundation so it's worth a try. Here's what I think about Revlon Colorstay:





LIKES:
  • Feels light enough on skin for all day use
  • Comes in normal/dry and normal/oily skin variants 
  • A whole lot of shades to choose from - I used 250 in Fresh Beige 
  • With SPF 15, though I still apply sunblock prior because SPF 15 is not enough. I follow the minimum SPF 30 rule. 
  • A little goes a long long way. A bottle will probably last me months even with daily use. 
  • Scent is a bit strong but not bothering, but I still prefer fragrance-free makeup
  • Stays on skin the whole day, around 10-12 hours. I haven't tested its 24-hour promise because the last thing I want is to have makeup on for 24 hours straight! :-P
  • Medium to heavy coverage, easy to glide on skin and buildable 
  • Covers imperfections quite well
  • No breakouts 

DISLIKES:
  • Bottle has no pump which is not hygienic and is prone to spills and product wastage. Case in point, I spilled some on my office chair the first time I opened it.  Shhh. (It's a bit watery than MAC Studio Fix)
  • Some may find this pricey for a drugstore brand at around Php 800. As mentioned, a little goes a long way so may be worth the price. 
  • Be careful not to apply too much as this can be mask-y and appear pale and ghostly on photos, wrong foundation or too much of it is the perfect ingredient for photo disasters.  A big no!

I personally like Revlon Colorstay because it dries matte and does feel light on my oily skin. Just make sure to set it well with foundation or finishing powder to look fresh longer. Using a primer will definitely help for longer day-to-night affairs. I also get the amount of coverage I want enough to cover dark spots and redness without caking. I apply this with either a stiff foundation brush, a stippling brush or simply my ring finger and all work just fine. 

Will I repurchase? Sure, but not anytime soon as the 30 ml bottle will probably last me a long time. But when I do, I'll get the next darker shade after 250/Fresh Beige especially that I haven't recovered to my natural skin color after getting beach-tanned last summer. 

Have you tried this foundation? How did it fare? Did it pass your test? I want to hear so shout out what you think below. 

Happy Sunday, beautiful ones! Stay tuned for my next post. My favorite thing in the world - travel. :) 

From the Nook, 
Dang



Comments