Gratitude List: January 2014


I can't believe the first month of 2014 is coming to an end, which means I'm two months away from my much anticipated Macau-Hongkong vacation with the sweetie to celebrate, no judgment please, our tenth year together! I feel like a lola. :)

I already booked our hotels/hostels and started plotting our itinerary which unlike previous vacations, is more relaxed and involves mostly food, more food and even more idle time. My boyfriend and I already reached a point where vacation no longer means stretching our energies too thin only to come back to work more exhausted than ever. I also learned to enjoy things slowly and immerse myself silently in the beauty of each country/culture I discover.  Ah, traveling always gives me blissful chills. Traveling to see new places, meet new people, learn more of the world, is never wrong in my vocabulary. Of the many things we have to buy in this world, traveling is one of the very few where we always get more than our money's worth.

Hey, I missed you so. (2009)

But before I get overwhelmed, I'd like to start a personal blogging tradition of listing the things I'm grateful for every close of the month. I know everyday is a blessing we should be thankful for, but the most especial ones deserve to be shared in hopes that you, my dear readers, also appreciate how blessed you are!

1. New year, new opportunities. They say great people don't see problems, only opportunities. Whatever baggage I collected last year, I've learned slowly (albeit painfully) to let go. And when I finally did, doors just keep on opening left and right, I can't keep up! :)  

2. No hurries. Along with letting go, January also gave birth to a more relaxed and patient girl. Like any competitive person, I want things to happen my way, my time. Well, it doesn't work that way most of time. The universe is tricky and full of surprises, hurrying your way can lead you to situations you never liked in the first place. Relax and think with your head, not your emotions. And yup, good things happen to those who wait.

3. The joys of giving. :)

4. Little financial victories. I'm now more responsible with my money than say, five years ago. I save, I pay my insurance and I track my expenses. But this year, I'm taking it a notch higher by investing in mutual funds. Baby steps for #MyRoadtoRiches and #FinancialFreedom projects.


5. I'm healthiest to date. I have this chronic condition that I've kept on the back burner for years. Truth is, I was scared to know what it is and often self-medicate and dismiss the thought once the pain is gone. I finally did the right thing and walked into the hospital to get professional advice, which eventually led to lying under scary looking machines. It's probably the longest hours of my life as I wait outside the door for the results. Happy and relieved that I'm still okay, some condition I have to deal with but nothing life threatening whatsoever. Hooray! 



How about you? What's your biggest blessing this January? It's nice to hear good things and spread positivity. So, spill! :)

Much Love,
Dang 


Comments

  1. Harvey, you and Jeff as my "parents" LOL. We saw each other a lot this January and that makes me really happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Tara: I'm really happy for you and Harvey, and yes, our clingy moments in January should continue for the rest of 2014. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think. Fire away!