Time for a quick munchie post about one of my most sinful favorites - BURGERS.
My cousin has been raving about Zark's, a burger place that has started in the North, got really famous among the students in Taft Avenue, but has now taken the South people by storm. I visited their BF Paranaque branch along the busy President's Avenue and tried their monstrous offering.
Now, I'm not the type who gets impressed with size. I have a big appetite but small stomach, unfortunately. Hence I always go for quality than quantity and you'll hardly see me in buffets or unlimited whatever restaurants. But yeah, Zark's Burgers are huge! The boyfriend, who definitely has a lot more to fill, was happy with the serving size. They are filling and truly bang for the buck. We ordered the American All-Star which is their classic cheeseburger (P120) and Shaq (P130) which is cheeseburger topped with fried onion rings. We also added side orders of hand-cut fries and iced tea to complete the burger experience.
Here's our verdict:
- Serving size is huge. Thick burger patty, generous amount of condiments and filling burger bun. The hand-cut fries is crisp and golden and though it looks few, it's actually very heavy.
- The place, at least their BF branch, is so-so. Other fancy burger places have way better interiors. But again, this is not the selling proposition of Zark's. But it won't hurt to improve on their chairs and tables, get better lighting and do something about their bare walls. Seriously, it feels like a school canteen.
- For me, it's all about the patty. No matter how huge or how many ingredients you put, the patty will always make or break my burger deal. Zark's patty is tasty, juicy, and well-seasoned. It also doesn't taste like "home". Sorry, but home-cooked taste is only good for ulam in my books. Burger patty is a different story. It should be unique and distinct from the competition, and Zark's passed in that aspect.
- You will really get value for your money. No wonder this is a hit for the young market. Our bill is no more than P500 for two big burgers, hand-cut fries, refillable iced tea and happy tummies. :)
- Wide selection of burgers. From Jawbreaker (triple cheese burger which you get for free if you finish in 5 minutes, awesome!) to Burger from Hell (obviously the chili doom of burgers) to Bacon-wrapped (yes, BACON that wraps the whole thing), Zark's caters to all your burger fantasies. If you're not a burger guy, fret not. They have other offerings like buffalo wings, hotdog sandwiches, even rice toppings.
For more information and tempting burger photos, visit their Facebook page.
*This is not a sponsored post