27 Things You CAN do before you settle down


While my timeline is exploding with sparkling rocks, grand weddings and adorable babies (don't get me wrong, happy observer here), here's 27 things you CAN (not need, really) do before you settle down. I like it that it's not over the top, makes-you-feel-bad-about-your-boring-life kind of to do list. Plus, it rings true for both ladies and gents. 

I've done most but I'm still figuring out the living alone and living somewhere else part now that I'm presently on an adventure in KL, so wish me luck! 






1. Travel with your BFFs - check, and I'm looking forward to more!
2. Learn to cook - I'm a kitchen geek by genes, thanks mom! I can bake you sweet dreams, too. 
3. Be financially independent - check 
4. Face one of your biggest fears - check 
5. Live alone - On my 4th month now 
6. Accomplish a goal - I think a house for my mom counts? :)
7. Find your drink of choice - whiskey/vodka, no beer please
8. Make the first move - check 
9. Challenge yourself - all the freakin' time 
10. Take a roadtrip - check 
11. Try a nice restaurant by yourself - not very posh places, but dined alone a lot of times and it's not bad! :) 
12. Live somewhere else - 4th month of my #DangKLChronicles :)
13. Learn to drive manual - I've always driven manual, I think it's hot! :D
14. Find a new show and watch it all in one weekend - Yes, and I was on sick leave the following Monday. Good times. ;) 
15. Get fit - I'm at my fittest now, thankfully. 
16. Build something with your hands - I always do, I like working with them. 
17. Stay up until sunrise - I can't count how many times this has happened, good and bad days of course. 
18. See your favorite artist live - Not my most favorite, but still on my top 10, so check!
19. Make a list of books you want to read, and read them all - I have a list, but still working on getting (books are expensive!) and reading them all. 
20. Learn to fight - I learned this early in my life, literally and figuratively. 
21. Volunteer - check. I actually miss doing Coral Watch in the Philippines. :(
22. Find a new hobby - I always do, I hate idle time. 
23. Apply for your dream job - check 
24. Keep a journal - online counts, right? 
25. Have a long conversation with a stranger - check  
26. Do something crazy and spontaneous - Woke up one day, texted a friend and got inked.
27. Get to know yourself - It's a never ending discovery, I love it. :) 

Care to share yours? Thanks to Buzzfeed for some of the most amazing finds online! 

Much Love, 
Dang 

Comments