HOT PINK and SEXY BLACK: Charm Travel Pro Makeup Brush Set V3


You should have seen me when I first got hold of the Charm Travel Pro V3. My lips automatically smiled its widest and you'll almost see stars come out of my eyes. Why not, just look at the travel-themed packaging and you'll know at once that it's something beautiful and worth checking out. The third version of the Charm Travel Pro is in black and HOTTEST pink, my favorite combination in the world!

It's easy to say that it's love at first sight, but being the very OC and quality conscious me, I know I should put these babies to test before blogging about it. Though honestly, at first look and feel, I knew it's going to be promising.


Some people say packaging is just packaging, but not for me! Just looking at it makes me nostalgic of the few countries I've been to, and all the more excited to save up, and see the rest of the world someday!
See, packaging is not JUST packaging. :)

Faux croc with hot pink zips is just big love for not so girly girl like me!


The inside lining is also screaming hot pink, which I really like.
It's my first brush pouch that isn't black.


I also appreciate that each brush has its own plastic guard.
 I still put them on when not in use.

Matte black handle and hot pink ferrule is just chic and classy


The length of the handles are also long enough for comfortable grip.
See my 2-year old Holiday Charm brushes? They are still alive and in good condition!


Here aqre my thoughts on each piece:

POWDER BRUSH
This can be used to apply powder foundation or blush and gives good coverage of the face. I use this to apply my powder foundation and on some occasion, it doubles as my blush brush, too. The hair is soft and picks up good amount of powder pigments. Best of all, no bleeding and very minimal shedding, I think I only saw 2 strands after several washes.

 

STIPPLING BRUSH
This brush is designed to create an airbrushed look and can be used with both powder and cream pigments. In my case, I like using it to apply gel foundation using light strokes and to dust mineral veil to seal my makeup. It’s soft but sturdy enough and did not shed nor bleed when I washed it twice before usage.


ANGLED BLUSH BRUSH
This brush is designed to apply blush perfectly as it “hugs” the shape of your cheeks. It’s also excellent for contouring, something that girls with chubby faces need, like me! Contouring needs practice, and so this baby will surely get a lot of air time among the group. Hair is considerably soft but I discovered that it can get and feel better after I applied deep conditioner.


FOUNDATION BRUSH
Cream, gel and liquid foundation can be hard to apply perfectly without the right tool. I used to apply my liquid foundation using a sponge, but upon trying my hand on my first foundation brush (from a different brand), there’s no way I’m going back to my old ways. Therefore, this is a welcome addition to my foundation brush family. I use it very often, and so my old favorite can get some rest.


CONCEALER BRUSH
This is perfect to conceal my undereye circle and skin imperfections. Using your finger to apply concealer is unhygienic and can cause skin infections, and so owning a concealer brush is a must. The size and coverage of this brush is just perfect to do the job.


EYESHADOW BRUSH ANGLED EYESHADOW BRUSH
Whether you like to apply your eyeshadow wet or dry, you’ll find this brush handy. It’s stiff enough which gives you more control, and can pickup pigments nicely. The angled eyeshadow brush on the other hand is softer, and so I usually use it to apply highlighter under my brows.


EYEBROW BRUSH and  FLAT EYELINER BRUSH
The flat liner brush can be used to apply gel liner and powder pigments used to line the eyes. It’s stiff enough but a little thick than the one I’m currently using (also from Charm), and so I just use it to create thick lines for smokey look. I will probably like it better if it’s slanted, too.

I don’t go out of the house without doing my brows. I can’t and I refuse to, so it’s not a surprise that this brush is among the first ones I tried. Unfortunately, I find it a bit small for my taste which is too bad, because I really like how firm but soft the bristles are. I’m sure I can find another way to use it.


BLENDING BRUSH and PENCIL POINT BRUSH
I have a confession, these two are the least used brushes among the set. Why? Because they’re white, and I don’t like seeing them stained and dirty! In my previous experience, it’s really hard to bring brushes like these to their original white state. But if you’re not sick OC like me, then both are great in blending your eye makeup, and even cleaning up pigments that fell off your lids.

SPOOLIE and BENT EYELINER BRUSH

The spoolie is useful to tame the lashes and brows. My only concern is that it’s a bit hard to clean it up when makeup, dirt and oil builds up in the bristles. My tip would be to use cleansing oils or even olive or VCO to break down the grease easily before washing.

I haven’t tried the bent eyeliner brush since I don’t apply eyeliner on a daily basis. I tried maneuvering it and so far, I felt comfortable and in control to draw the perfect line. I’m yet to discover the power of its bent shape that many women rave about!

LIP BRUSH
First, I like how handy it is. The hot pink casing is so cute, you’d think it’s a pocket pen. I recently discovered the joys of applying lipstick using a brush (and economical too as you get all the products in the tube), and how nice it is to have the perfectly shaped lips all the time! Just always make sure to wash your lip brush often as you don’t like bacteria touching your lips, right?

This 14-piece carefully designed and produced brush set is such a steal at Php 2,200. Ideal for enthusiasts,  even for beginners. And because it's handy, you're sure not to scrimp on your makeup tools even while you're conquering the world! :) As a proud owner of Charm brushes for years now (even before I get to know the lovely owner), I can definitely vouch for its quality. All my Charm Holiday brushes are still in good shape and so I'm comfident that this latest version of Travel Pro will be in my arsenal for a long long time!

The Charm Travel Pro V3 is available at:

www.beautyandminerals.com

PurBeauty2nd Floor, Serendra
Bonifacio Global City, Taguig

Crossings - Shangri-la Plaza Branch
G/F, Shangri-la Mall

Beauty & The Geeks
Eton Cyberpod E-Life ( Bldg 1 )
EDSA


Big thanks to the very pretty Sophie for letting me experience her latest Charm collection. More power, love! Continue creating products that make every girl beautiful. :)


From the Nook, 
Dang  

Comments

  1. nice no? Same tayo. The charm brush set with light pink handles is my first-ever brush set from charm. And it's still alive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Beauty Junkee: Hi Martha Yes, super ROI na our old Charm brushes no? I'm sure this new one will last a loooong time, too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think. Fire away!