Skin Care: Hydra Facial by House of Obagi



I'm scared of getting facials. The mere thought of the scary metal tool they use to pop acne is enough to get me to turn my heel and head the opposite direction.

I guess I owe this fear from my first facial experience, which unfortunately turned out tragic. It was  back in first year high school, when having the word teen attached to my age convinced me I must get one. Of course I don't know any better then, and so I bugged my mom for some money and nervously headed to a random facial salon. They started with an over the counter cold cream to clean my face, followed by a facial scrub which they keep in the kitchen fridge (how did I get so tanga?), and hot towel and steam to open my pores. That's where the drama began. They pricked my young skin too harsh I ended up with a wounded face for days! I'm quite sure that's when my acne problem also started. 

Now that I know so much better, I only go to reputable skin care clinics. One of the most trusted authority in skin care is the House of Obagi. Recently, I tried the new Hydrafacial from the HOO branch in Alabang Town Center; a breakthrough skin resurfacing and hydrating treatment that is non-irritating, non-invasive and safe or all skin types. Hydrafacial took its name from the rootword hydrate, as it removes dead skin cells and impurities while simultaneously bathing the new skin with cleansing, hydrating and moisturizing serums. 

For about an hour, I felt like my face traveled to skin heaven! The Hydrafacial procedure combined massaging, cleansing, exfoliation, extraction, hydration and antioxidant protection. This powerful combination improves the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, congested and enlarged pores, oily or acne-prone skin, hyperpigmentation and brown spots and is safe to be done twice a month. The best part is that you don't have to worry about painful (and unhygienic) facial procedures that you get from dime a dozen facial salons. All you get is a relaxing experience and softer, more hydrated face in an hour with no downtime at all. Yep, say goodbye to mini lacerations and hiding indoors after each facial treatment. I actually attended an event a few hours after getting Hydrafacial.

The price may be steep at Php 4,000/session, but your face will surely thank you for a much deserved rejuvenation. You can also watch out for promo offers on this procedure (up to 50% off at times!) and many others by following the House of Obagi on Facebook.


House of Obagi, Alabang Town Center branch
Treatment room is simple, cozy and clean
My skin's condition before the treatment is a giveaway on the countless days of stress and exposure to pollution. Look at those dark eye bags!
Cleansing and skin preparation which includes inhaling of scented extracts and a relaxing facial massage. Nurse Luanne is very polite and accomodating. She explained every step of the procedure and answered my question patiently.
The Hydrafacial machine infuses the serums directly into the skin for optimum absorption and immediate effects
The serums that cleanse, exfoliate, nourish and hydrate the skin
The magic wand is at work, infusing the rich serums on my face and neck.
There's also a bit of pricking, but read this: NO PAIN AT ALL. The skin is very soft and well hydrated before extraction that blackheads and whiteheads literally jumps out of my pores!
My glowing skin, 3 days after Hydrafacial


You may get your treatment from these HOO branches. Better to call ahead for a schedule.

 
House of Obagi Trinoma
Level 2, TriNoma Mall
Tel. nos: 916-6564/ 916-9820/ 0917-8610147

House of Obagi Alabang
Service Town Center, Alabang Town Center
Tel. nos: 659-1600/ 659-1599/ 0917-8610148

House of Obagi Greenbelt
Ground floor, Greenbelt 5
Tel. nos: 756-0771/ 729-0576/ 0917-8661463

House of Obagi SM Pampanga
Annex 3, SM City Pampanga
Tel. nos. (045) 455-3336/ 0917-8720876

House of Obagi SM North
Ground floor, Main Building, SM City North Edsa
Tel Nos.: 332-0421/ 0917-8720873

House of Obagi Robinsons Place
Level 2, Padre Faura Wing, Robinsons Place Ermita
Tel. Nos.: 559-7760/ 0917-8720874


Note: Author was given a gift card from an Obagi bloggers' event, but review and comments are solely based on her personal experience. Gracias to our friends from the House of Obagi especially Ms. Eileen Marcelo. 


It's only a few days before we say goodbye to 2011, have you decided what your 2012 goals will be? Grab a pen and paper and start your list! Be ambitious and aim high, ladies! :)


From the Nook, 
Dang 

Comments

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think. Fire away!