Product Review: L'Oreal UV Perfect BB Max


In case you haven't noticed, my last few entries feature unsolicited advice, bubble thoughts or things I'm too-happy-to-shut-up-about. I have more things to share with you in the coming weeks, but I'm on self imposed embargo for the adventures to come. Meanwhile, I'll give this nook a healthy kick of vanity with a review on one of the many BB creams available in the Philippine market today. Okay, it certainly is a bandwagon effect, but seeing kutis porselana Koreans in every other street of the Metro, we can't help but believe that BB creams do work. After all, BB cream is hailed as the Korean celebrities' secret to their impeccable skin (though it was really in Germany where the first BB cream was developed to help heal and protect the skin after medical procedures.) Nonetheless, there's no stopping BB creams from taking the Asian market by storm. 

I've used a few BB creams before, and I like how it can be an all-in-one solution to most, if not all, of girls' skin concerns. It heals, nourishes and protects the skin in one go.



Available at leading stores for Php 595.00 (30ml). I got mine from PCX in Alabang Town Center.

L'Oreal UV Perfect BB Max promises 10-in-1 results including fairer skin, less visible pores and blemishes, faded dark spots and more youthful, glowing skin. And as it name suggests, it also has maximum protection from UVA PA+++ and UVB, proud and mighty with its SPF50. 50 is more than good enough for me, in fact, the only higher SPF product I've ever used was the VMV Armada Sunblock Sport (SPF 75).

On to my notes:

LIKES:
  • All in one product that addresses two of my utmost skin concerns: COVERAGE and PROTECTION.  I can skip sunblock and liquid foundation. How convenient can my morning get? Hurray!
  • SPF 50 
  • Feels smooth on the skin and very easy to apply. No tugging needed.
  • Helps correct skin discoloration
  • It does give me fairer, more glowing skin, and it stays the whole day! 
  • Priced reasonably  and widely available 

DISLIKES:
  • Limited coverage, might be a little to sheer for some - although just right for me
  • Looks ash-y upon application, doesn't match yellow undertones. I correct this using powder foundation that will counter the ash tones
  • Tends to make my skin oilier, which is not surprising. Put anything oil-based on my skin and it'll shine like a superstar! Haha.

To be honest, I'm not the biggest fan of BB creams, for the lone reason of its uncanny ability to moisturize induce oil, making my skin shinier, and that's a sad thing. I'm guessing some BB Cream afficionados may get disappointed with its limited coverage, but for girls looking for lighter alternatives, this is a good shot. Go ahead and look for it in your favorite beauty stores.




FOTD

L'Oreal UV Perfect BB Max 
Maybelline Clearsmooth Foundation 
 Ever Bilena Eyebrow Pencil
Seri Asia Blush in Summer 
Maybelline Colorsentational in Angel Rose 


While it did not conceal pimple marks perfectly, it's hard not to notice the glow and dewy effect it has on my face whenever I use it. Agree or not? I can take a blow. :P 


Happy Thursday, loves!


From the Nook,
Dang

Comments

  1. dang, super thanks for the post. here in nl, loreal has nude magique bb cream. it is ok, but face shop products work so much better on my skin. mabuahy amg korea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Claudine: Hello, how are you? :D Great to hear from you here! Anyways, with the weather there in The Hague, I'm sure BB creams are really useful! I've tried Etude House BB Cream and it's also very good. I guess it's because their products are really suited for Asian skin - Koreans or Pinays. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Claudine: Hello, how are you? :D Great to hear from you here! Anyways, with the weather there in The Hague, I'm sure BB creams are really useful! I've tried Etude House BB Cream and it's also very good. I guess it's because their products are really suited for Asian skin - Koreans or Pinays. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. L'Oreal is currently holding a sale and I almost bought this a while ago! Thank goodness I didn't. Was looking for something that's good for yellow toned gals, but good to know its worked for you! :)

    Jem,
    somegirlnamedjem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think. Fire away!