I'll Take Love Letters Over Flowers Any Day


I mean it. Some might raise an eyebrow to hear that I'm not really the flower type of girl. A suitor back in high school gave me a dozen and a half Holland roses when I got confined for Dengue fever. First thing that popped into my mind:"how the heck did you afford 18 Holland roses? I hope you didn't ask your mom for project money" I thought it was impractical. Second thing I thought of? A handwritten letter would have been so much better. Unfortunately, the card sent with the flowers was, well,  typewritten. 

Receiving flowers is of course, still a nice experience for all girls. I'm not to say that I don't get kilig when my boyfriend sends me one. But if it will be a choice between flowers and a handwritten love letter,  I'll take the latter any day. Or, flowers with handwritten notes is sure to floor me! :) [Yes, Sweetie, I hope you're reading this. Haha.]

I like writing letters, and I like it even better when I receive one. I have a very good friend in the province who used to send me letters via postal mail every summer. He writes funny, struggles with his Tagalog (he's Kapampangan) and uses the most fragrant stationery. He now lives in Paris, but our communication now comes in digital form: Email, Facebook, E-cards.

While I can't deny how digital age has propelled us to greater heights and bridged us with our loved ones overseas, there's still a part of me that feels warm and fuzzy over handwritten letters. It makes me really happy when my loved ones take their time to personally choose the paper to use; to see their penmanship. I might have been a hopeless romantic after all! :p

It's no surprise then why I'm stoked to receive this very elaborate invite from Papillo Fine Stationers


Papillo Fine Stationers aims to bring back the seemingly forgotten charm of letter writing by providing its clients fresh and exciting ways to put their sentiments on paper. Bursting with an array of bold colors, whimsical artwork, and a fashion-forward sense of style, Papillo products lend a sophisticated flair to whatever a client wants written down.


I didn't get to attend the bloggers event because I have to be in a meeting, but fortunately, Papillo offers us to view their entire collection by appointment. Simply call 0929365 2328 or 0918 9369854 and look for Emmylou or Theresa or visit the website www.papillofinestationers.com for more information.

I'm yet to visit their showroom but I've seen some really interesting stuff from other blogs (Hi, Jheng!). If we happen to go at the same time, please say hi! :)

It's Sunday, have a great time writing love letters.

From the Nook,
Dang


 


 

Comments