Of Travel Blues, Gratitude List and OOTD


I just got home from a 5-day midyear break, roaming around the cozy city of Dumaguete (read why this is one of my favorite places HERE ) and the mystic and charming province of Siquijor. It's a bittersweet feeling I have as I type this, half awake, and in the midst of the usual somber that travelers feel each time a journey ends. But hey, I always try to be an advocate of positivity and a warrior of happiness, and so I gave myself a firm shake and focused on the brighter side of things. Hence, an addition to my Gratitude List

First, I'm grateful to have traveled once again, and how it has fulfilled me not only physically, but mentally and spiritually as well. I'm happy to have kept my promise to return to the city of gentle people, after it successfully wooed me in 2011. It also felt good to be charmed by the beauty of Siquijor, after the many wonderful, mystic and enchanting stories from friends. (Hi, Joyce!)

Second, while I admit to feeling less excited to go back to work after an awesome vacation, I'm ever grateful to have a good job that enables me to travel. After all, we won't appreciate holidays if not for the everyday pedestrian worries - work included.

Third, I'm always happy that after every travel, I come back to a home and not just a house. My mom made us a splendid dinner and my spoiled dog was less snobbish. I guess they all missed me!

I'll post more of my #DumagueteandSiquijorChronicles soon, but let me share with you with a simple OOTD photo. It's my take on being fashionable yet comfortable enough to travel, locally at least. :) 




Top: Old Navy 
Denims: Penshoppe 
Bag: Payless (gift)
Sunglasses: Kenneth Cole Reaction
Necklace: Freedom Manila
Bracelets: Gift from Guam and an old DIY piece
Slippers: Old Navy (gift)


Let's nail the rest of the week, shall we? :)


Tired, tanned and back in the nook,
Dang 


Comments