What's All This Fuss? A Bachelorette Party Post.



Last Saturday was one of the most unforgettable night of my life. I’ve been to a few bridal showers/bachelorette party, but it took me 25 years to attend a WILD, liberating one.

And I’m not ashamed of it. Not one bit.


Simply put, a bridal shower, in tradition, is an affair where all the women in the family "showers" the bride-to-be with gifts. Though not a must, most common gifts are intimate, for the bedroom type, to encourage the couple to conceive (which is the first priority after marriage in the olden times). A bachelorette party on the other hand, is the "last" night dedicated to the bride-to-be's farewell to singlehood. Thus, she has the upper hand in deciding how to spend it; be it an all girl's night out, movie date, clubbing, going to strip clubs or what have you. At times, bridal showers and bachelorette parties can come in one night.

The reason why I'm posting this, is because somehow, at this age and time, a few people are still confused with this concept, or simply labeled this event as an immoral, dirty thing to do. Dubbing it as an excuse for girls (and bride-to-bes) to be raunchy and commit a night of debauchery. Those are heavy, hurtful accusations that I start to wonder where the grudge really comes from? Is it human nature to be self-righteous, all knowing and judgmental? Is 2011 still an age of discrimination and low regards for women? The thing is, no one will force you to sip multicolored margaritas, buy a penile cake nor hire a stripper. You always have a choice, so don't put on a show and make a scene if other girls opt the opposite direction.

And just to set the record straight, we had genuine, wild fun. And we did it in the company of best, trusted people.

You just have to accept the world won't always agree with you.



Cakes and candies from Kink Cakes


The bride to be. I want a niece cute niece next year, okay? =)



Pardon my post, I'm not mad, maybe a little irritated, but being me, I need to speak my mind than litter the floor of mini Mes if and when I burst.
Much Love,
Dangski


Comments

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think. Fire away!