For health and beauty advocates, it’s a mortal sin not to use sun protection. Why not, it’s a medical fact that sun exposure is the main culprit for premature skin aging. And when I said use, I mean religiously applying sun block everyday, be it sunny or rainy. Unfortunately, UV rays can still affect our skin even on a cloudy day. What’s more alarming is the notion that we only need sun protection when we go to the beach or join outdoor activities, and thus, many people resort to applying ultra high SPFs on the beach while using none during their usual days at work or school. It’s like suddenly arming someone with high caliber firearms one day and leaving him helpless the rest of the year. Yes, I treat my skin as another human being, and so I’m continuously in search for anything that can heal, maintain and PROTECT it.
“C-SunGuard SPF 30 is formulated with ultra-sheer Z-Cote, an effective barrier that provides a superior measure of sun protection from UVB damage and against long-UVA rays linked to premature skin aging. Regular application of C-SunGuard can help protect your skin from future sun damage.”
What I think about the Obagi C-SunGuard SPF 30:
• Creamy consistency that glides smoothly on my skin
• A bit sticky upon application but feels smooth and light after a few minutes of application – it’s a big improvement from the previous Obagi Condition and Enhance Healthy Skin Protection that I’ve used before which is a lot oilier
• Has SPF 30 that is at par with the recommended protection needed everyday
• Smell is a little “medicine-y” but not overpowering
• Protects me from both UVA/UVB which translates to protection from both darkening and aging
• A little goes a long way. I’ve used it for two months but my 90ml bottle is still about 60% full
• Best of all, no rash or breakouts on my ultra sensitive skin!
Admittedly, it’s a bit pricey than other sun protection products in the market. It’s a relief to know that it can last for a few months so if you divide its price by the number of days that you’re happily protected, then you’ll realize your money’s worth. If you have the money to spend, then Obagi C-SunGuard SPF 30 is worth trying. After all, you are buying not only satisfaction but skin protection that you’ll never regret 10 or 20 years from now.
Please don’t limit sun protection to your face. Always apply sun block on your neck and chest area. Remember, a smooth face resting on a wrinkled neck is twice as bad, so don’t scrimp on sun protection! Same is true with your arms and legs, you don’t only protect yourself from skin aging but skin cancer as well.
Lastly, there are many sun protection products in the market, you don’t have to get the most expensive one, but rather find the one that works best for you and your budget.
Happy rainy Sunday, beauties!
From the Nook,