What I Learned Today: Living out of a Bag and Surrounded by Good People




Emotional roller coaster is an understatement. I was in a turmoil over strings of grown up problems, baggage and compromised values. It felt like the movies, where people and relationships break apart before your very eyes. Only this time, it was I on the lead role. I packed my bags and decided on giving up the code I've always been keen about: Family. 

But the Big Man above has other plans. I've always considered myself blessed being surrounded by family and friends, but I only get to realize the extent of this in times when I reach the dead end. It doesn't happen very often, but it does. And life has a funny way of hurting you in the right places, of putting out all the positive sense you've mustered through the years. But somehow, I ended up in the company of good people. People with undeniable wisdom and (family) values indicative of their calibre. I felt weak and vulnerable, but I didn't mind. I was humbled. It actually felt good. 

To all the people who pointed me to the right directions, who went out of their comfort zones and told me what I needed (and not wanted) to hear straight to my face, THANK YOU. You know who you are. 

Comments