#LolaVibes Weekend in Panglao, Bohol


I'm embracing my lola-ness more than ever these days. I'm not sure when it started, but I'm in a phase where being alone didn't mean I'm lonely and saying no is rarely followed by sorry and guilt. Also, I don't feel the need to be friends with everyone anymore. I'm perfectly happy to be in fair terms with everyone and close to only a handful. You see, I was never the friendly kid in school. Back then, I thought it was something I should be sorry about. People thought I was snotty, and I can't say it didn't bother me. But age and experience came to play, and I slowly learned to respect that people are entitled to their opinion and the same applies to me. So if other people are entitled to think I'm a snob, then it's no longer my problem. In fact, I'm entitled to think of myself as a vampire, a unicorn, what have you. As my friend R puts it, with fabulous sparkly wings! ;-) Little girls, you can feel and be whatever you dream to be. As long as you don't hurt anyone, don't be sorry about it.

Speaking of which, my not so recent company trip to Panglao, Bohol witnessed my ultimate lola vibes. Since it's my second time to visit Bohol, and I've done most of the touristy things, I decided it will be a good time to DISCONNECT.  (Click and read why it's good for you!)

I didn't sign up for any group activities and stayed in the resort most of the time. It's a #LolaVibes weekend, but who says it can't be fun? :) 



Flight was early by 45 minutes. Good job, PAL!


We stayed at Amorita, a very nice resort that offers a magnificent view of the Alona Beach.


Luxurious bed and sheets: Check


They also deliver freshly baked goodies everyday. With personal notes, too. :)


I started the following day with an intense Yoga session by the view deck. It was way better than doing it in a confined space. I arrived Bohol with bad colds, and the fresh air alone cleared it the next day. Unbelievable.
I went kayaking alone, but was spotted by my colleague who took this photo.

I took advantage and posed for the camera. ;)
I was feeling sleepy, so I went back to our room, sat in the veranda and read the newspapers. So comfy that I snoozed for a good hour or so.
After dinner, I decided to join my friends for one round of the cheapest cocktails I've known to date. Buy one, take one for only Php 50.00. We're talking about imported spirits here --- Absolut, Malibu, Jack. Sulit! :)
I also went biking solo. I got some scratches and my butt cheeks hurt, but it was fun!
I went biking again with my buddies C and F the following day. We went out of the resort and pedaled our way to some nooks and corners of Panglao. Aside from the sheepish grins from the manongs, it was a good workout.
Of course I went swimming. The infinity pool was too beautiful to resist! :)

Sunbathed, too. Swim, sunbathe, swim, sunbathe. In numerous cycles. = NEGRA
To complete this lola-ness, I got teary eyed when the Loboc Children's Choir serenaded us with songs like "Paraiso", "The Prayer" and "There Can Be Miracles". Our company president looked like she wants to adopt all of them amazing kids. :D
Burned a few more hours doing nothing

Then joined a competitive card game I don't even know what to call ;)
We can't leave without eating at The Buzz Cafe by Bohol Bee Farm. To be honest, there's not a lot of good places to eat in Bohol, and food isn't that great compared to say, Cebu.

The Buzz Cafe offers the best food in Alona. I ordered cheesy lasagna which comes with salad (with flowers!) and special grainy breads that they bake and sell.
Don't ever leave the island without trying the Buzz Cafe ice cream. As in never ever. Take my word for it! They have the creamiest, tastiest local, homemade ice cream I've ever tried. And I'm an ice cream geek so I know what I'm talking about. I tried their Avocado first, and then went back with my friends where we ordered three freaking flavors. We can't decide which is the best. They're that good. Tried Ube, Corn, Malunggay and Avocado. They also have unique flavors like Malunggay (tastes nutty) and Spicy Ginger.

View from where we had lunch. Philippines is really beautiful!
 
This #LolaVibes trip had been fun. I can't complain. :)


What do you think of my #LolaVibes trip? Not too shabby, yeah? Share me your idea of a perfect #LolaVibes weekend by leaving a comment below. Thanks for reading!


Much Love, 
Dang

Comments

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think. Fire away!