30 For 30 List Update: #1 BACKPACK TRIP

Just a quick update on my 30 for 30 list. I finally found the opportunity to do a backpack trip, to one of the wonders of the world which is truly, proudly Pinoy: The Banaue Rice Terraces.

A slight change of plan though, I’m not traveling alone as planned, for some security concerns that I can’t afford to ignore. We will be on the road for more than 10 hours, will be trekking for some 2-4 hours more and some parts of the place has no electricity, so I figured out I’ll probably need a hand, or a chat buddy at least. Besides, it will be more fun with photographer friend around! ;-P And so I asked my HS best friend, K, who's curiousity and adventurous nature puts me to shame.

 We will conquer Banaue this April, on a 3 day trip, armed with only a backpack. Must you know, I find it very challenging to travel light. My daily bag can keep me burning for some days because I carry my necessities with me 24/7. Toiletries, medicines, day to evening makeup, planner, notebook, pen, umbrella, shades, 2 kinds of perfume/cologne, 2 phones, some gadgets and at times, even hard drive. If you want to shock yourself and see what's making my arms big and toned, click HERE. So how will this OC city girl survive 3 days with 1 backpack? I have no idea.


And to increase my palpitations, let's all bow our heads to the magnificence of nature captured by Anton Diaz of Our Awesome Planet.


Banaue Rice Terraces as featured in the One Thousand Peso Bill

No electricity, no fans. You won't need one.

See you there, Sunshine!

Have you been to Banaue? I hope you'll cheer for me as I cross out this item on my list! =)

NeuroChiq,
Dang

Comments

  1. Anong sasakyan nyo? Bus? Tutal di ka na alone, pwede sumama? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay! I've always wanted to go to Banaue! I should do this as well before I turn 30. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Teeyah: Sis, of course naman! Though I have to tell you that this may not be an all girls trip, plus, super duper cowboy ha? As in trabahador. LOL. And most likely bus, it's hassle to drive all the way.

    @ L: It's not too late dear, come home soon. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. again, trying my luck to post a comment hopefully this can get thru =)

    3 words: JUST.CANT.WAIT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow tweenie...i'm sure you're gonna enjoy the trip! Kaso...I can imagine that it is really a challenge to pack light. Hugs to you dear! Oh and I'm back to blogging again hihihi..missed you much!

    ♥hugs♥
    coLine

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww would you believe I've always wanted to see Banaue Rice Terraces in person but never gotten the chance! Should put this on my Itinerary! MUST travel, I can't do it before 30 though! LOL Before 40?

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Adobo: You're efforts finally paid off, girl! Thanks for being patient. Welcome to my nook! =)Can't wait too, loveyah!

    @ ChinaDoll: Hi Tweenie, I'm also figuring out how to put all my things in a backpack, maybe I have to wash my clothes! =P Welcome back, missed you too! =)

    @AMW: Nikki dear, you can do it anytime! =) Besides, sa dami ng nagawa & achieve mo in your life, this is peanut! LOL. Hugs to you sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Adobo: You're efforts finally paid off, girl! Thanks for being patient. Welcome to my nook! =)Can't wait too, loveyah!

    @ ChinaDoll: Hi Tweenie, I'm also figuring out how to put all my things in a backpack, maybe I have to wash my clothes! =P Welcome back, missed you too! =)

    @AMW: Nikki dear, you can do it anytime! =) Besides, sa dami ng nagawa & achieve mo in your life, this is peanut! LOL. Hugs to you sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome! and I think it's totally fine to do it with someone, not only for security reasons but also to share in the adventure. My biggest concern with any kind of backpacking/camping is the need to take a hot shower at the end of the day. As long as I have that, I don't mind getting all sweaty and dirty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ 101: Hi Jessica, yes, it will be nice to spend these getaways with people closest to me. Though I'm also curious how it would be if I do it alone. =)

    Love your blog, thanks for visiting! So nice to know you & witness your list! =)

    See you around life sister!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think. Fire away!