FOTD: Holiday Look 2011


Christmas is the most colorful season in the Philippines, and probably the world. With parties, reunions and get together left and right, it can be troublesome to think about what clothes and makeup to wear. I seldom wear full makeup during family affairs, we're so closely knit that I feel most comfortable with them, so showing up au naturelle is never a problem. In fact, weekends and holidays are when I let me skin breathe and produce as much oil as it wants. But last Christmas, while waiting for my chronically late relatives, I decided to play with my  makeup and come up with a simple, easy to follow Holiday look. I got a handful of compliments for it and so I hope you'll find it helpful and like it as well.


I came up with Teal and Gunmetal eyes, Coral cheeks and Nude lips.


Step 1: Prepare the face (Wash, Tone, Moisturize, Protect)
          : Products used are Celeteque Brightening Facial Foam, Human Nature Tomato Toner, BSKIN BB Cream, Obagi-C Sunguard

Step 2: Cover flaws and even out skin tone to create the perfect canvass
          : Products used are Covergirl concealer for the undereye, Maybelline ClearSmooth Minerals Healthy Powder Foundation,

Step 3: Define your eyebrows. This is a key step each time you apply makeup. Properly defined brows will frame the face nicely and put more emphasis on the elements of your face
          : Products used are Ever Bilena brow pencil in brown and Charm Travel Pro V3 brow brush

Step 4: Create dramatic teal and gunmetal eyes perfect for Christmas dinners
          : Products used are Dollface ES palette (Teal & Dark Green for the crease, Gunmetal for outer V, Silver for inner V), Everyday Minerals ES (Highlighter under the brows), Estee Lauder Double Wear Mascara

Step 5: Be ready to blush and pout, and by that I mean swipe some coral blush and sport nude, juicy lips!
          : Products used are Nichido Gentle Peach lipstick topped with Avon shiny gloss in coral. A good trick for nude lips is to apply some liquid foundation on your lips and dab some powder before applying your lipstick. This will cover the real color of your lips, especially for girls who have pigmented puckers. For my cheeks, I used Maybelline Expert Wear LE Pinch of Coral. 

You may opt to dust some mineral veil to seal your makeup. I used Physician's Formula Mineral Veil, but on some occasions, I just use mineral powders and it works fine, too. 

Here's the final look. The whole routine took me about 30 minutes.


EOTD with flash




Last and most important step is to relax, smile, and just enjoy every minute of Christmas with the people you love. Celebrating the Savior's birth with people who loves you with or without makeup, is the best gift ever!

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas, too. It's now 2012, and I can't help but be restless and excited for the good things and new experiences to come. I want to learn a new language and actually started self-studying Spanish. I'm slowly filling up my Belle de Jour Planner, and it's hinting that this girl will have a lot in her plate this year!

I wish you nothing but the best, sweeties, and thank you for sticking with me through this blog! All my love!

From the Nook,
Dang


Comments

  1. Love how you blended your eyeshadow! Nice EOTD! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that looks good..i want your lips! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Peachy Pink Sisters: Thank you! I'd like to commend the blending brush from Charm Travel Pro V3, it blends like magic! :)

    @ Dulce: Thank you, used to hate that full lips, but I've learned to embrace and appreciate it now. :) Thank you for taking the time to visit. Happy 2012!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think. Fire away!