OOTD: Finding Yellow


Confession session. I'm a gothic chic at heart. A decade or so ago, I wore black everyday, sported thick chokers and cuff bracelets, and fascinated - but failed to find one - black lipsticks. I was envious to point of depression, when my friend M, got hers from the U.S.! True story. Those were the days when I'm overly excited for Halloween parties, dated a heavy metal band vocalist, and yeah, scared my block mate with my black nails and black, think eyeliner. You'll seldom see me smile in photos, too! (How sad was that?) People probably thought I was batang galit sa mundo, LOL, but really, they were over thinking. I wasn't a troubled kid, I just felt like black is my color. 



Today is social suicide, but I hope I'm entertaining you. Case in point. :D

Fast forward to today, and as my blog well documents it, I wear any color I feel like wearing. While my closet is still beaming with black clothing, I am now more experimental with how I mix my signature, classic style, with the wonderful colors of the season.

I stayed in Cebu for four days last week to handle a media launch, and boy I was surprised to see my suitcase all yellow-y, considering that I despised anything yellow since time immemorial. Somehow, I'm proud of myself to be expanding my choices, overcoming my personal stereotypes, and conquering unfamiliar grounds. I'm talking beyond my fashion sense here. Seeing myself in the mirror, looking all grow up and experiencing life's different offerings, is a sight to behold. I'm so looking forward to gaining more moments like this. Moments of discoveries, realizations, acceptance, and feeling that your heart skipped a beat for something really big and exciting stored for you. 

Cheers to happier, sunnier days! 


Yellow button down blouse, black tank top and worn-out skirt makes me feel sexy. I dunno why.


Yellow floral skirt staggered skirt is so perfect with black fitted top and yellow bead necklace

From the Nook, 
Dang

Comments