Why I Like MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF15



 
FOTD during our corporate profile shoot. I used MAC Studio Fix Fluid NC30


Because it makes my skin photo ready. 


My skin is far from perfect It's scarred and battered from years of bouts with acne and extreme sebum production. Thankfully, proper skin care, regular derma visits and probably age helped a lot and I've been acne-free for years now. But damage has been done, and while I save up for ridiculously expensive scar reduction treatments, I'm eternally grateful for OTC skin care products and cosmetics that helps lessen the visibility of my acne scars. 

MAC Studio Fix Fluid is my best friend during special events and occasions when I expect a lot of video/photography. It makes my skin more plump and healthy looking, makes my scars less obvious and most importantly, assures me of good photos! NC30 is just perfect for my skin tone; it starts a bit dark for my fair skin but with a lighter setting powder and mineral veil, it settles to a nice, even-toned finish without the white cast. No more espasol face in photos! ;-)


The Good

- Wide range of shades
- Glides smoothly 
- A little goes a long long way 
- Fills up the pits on my cheeks and settles nicely
- No white cast 
- I heard some people breaking out, but thankfully, I didn't. I suggest you take a patch test at MAC counters just to be sure
- With SPF 15 
-  Staying power is decent
- Makes my skin photo ready!


The Not So Good

- A little pricey at about USD 30
- Bottle has no pump
- Tends to be greasy so keep oil blotters handy
- Strong odor 

So, will I repurchase? Not in the Philippines. I better ask my relatives from abroad or perhaps find good deals in Duty Free. It's a bit heavy for everyday use, so a bottle lasts me a long time anyway. I can wait for my brother's next vacation. 

It's midweek, a few more days before our beloved weekend arrives. Let's go! :)

From the Nook,
Dang



Comments