Give your mane a healthy break


As much as I like using all-natural and organic products all the time, there are instances when only commercial or medical grade products can do the job. Such is the case with my hair. It's always been nice and healthy, but I do get occasional bouts with dandruff and hair fall. Dandruff which is due to my hyperactive oil glands and hair fall which is from stress, chemical exposure and weird enough, change of temperature, fully aware that Philippines only have hot and hotter weather. 

It's been another round of hair fall problems the past months and a good look at my hair care habits and I isolated the possible root cause: 

1. Hair dye 
2. Strong shampoo
 
Just in the nick of time, my best friend messaged me on Facebook asking if I'll be interested to join a blogger engagement with Human Heart Nature (HHN). Since I've been an organic products fan, and HHN user, too, I happily accepted the invitation. Through the lovely girls of HHN (Hello, Rebi and Lyra!), I got reintroduced to their new and improved version of their all-natural shampoo and conditioner. I tried a different variant ages ago, which I didn't felt hiyang because it caused me dandruff. But I kept my hopes high for this one. The new, nicer packaging didn't hurt either.

I tried the HHN Lush Vanilla Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner and here are my observations:

Yum as candy! :)

LIKES:
  •  Made from all natural ingredients. Trust me, I read labels over and over again.I appreciate how they include info on where they derived the ingredients i.e. derived from rice, corn, coconut
  • No harmful chemicals like SLS/SLES or parabens
  • Gentle on human skin and hair, better for the environment as it's 100% biodegradable 
  • Cruelty free -- meaning, no animal product or testing 
  • Smells sweet, making shampooing a more pleasurable, sensorial experience rather than just a normal routine
  • The conditioner did a great job in softening and smoothening my hair. I had no trouble combing after bath
  • Soothes my scalp
  • Lessened my hair fall a bit 
  • Affordable, as low as Php 44.00 for the 50ml bottle
  • Proudly Pinoy made

DISLIKES
  • The sweet, candy-like smell may not appeal to all, and scent doesn't last all day 
  • The shampoo doesn't lather well so don't expect bubbles that you get from commercial brand
  • Maybe best to have a more squeezable bottle especially for the conditioner 

The HHN Lush Vanilla Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner are really meant to work best together, like one can't do without the other. Personally, it's the perfect break for my hair, a breathing time from all the harsh chemicals I get from non-organic products. It's great as clarifying shampoo and conditioner which I look forward to use every weekend. It feels like strip down-chemicals-from-my-hair kind of spa. :)

Patronize Pinoy products and visit their website for more information. 

Have a blessed Sunday, everyone! Thanks for visiting my site. :)


From the Nook,
Dang 

*Products were provided to the author for review



Comments